Commissioners on an Emergency Service District Board are appointed not elected. They are appointed by County Commissioners and Judges. The appointments are for one year or two years and are staggered. Commissioners may stay on for additional terms. There are 5 offices on most ESD’s. The offices are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and an assistant Treasurer. Commissioners that are not living up to the expectations of the appointees may be removed from office for improper behavior or failure to perform their duties. Commissioners are required to take several courses in Continuing Education throughout the duration of their appointment. These are the commissioners of ESD No. 4 in Brazoria County:
Bill Brummett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
President (Term Ends: December 2022)
- We moved to Pearland in 2001. I’ve lived in 2 homes both of which were just outside the City Limits. When Pearland determined to stop our Fire and EMS I determined I had to work for a solution.
Jeff Bean (email@example.com)
Vice President (Term Ends: December 2022)
- My family moved to Pearland in 1967. Pearland was a great place to grow up with that small town feel that everyone was searching for. I have owned several homes in town before moving to the “country country life” 14 years ago where we currently reside. I’m married with 5 grown children and currently have 9 awesome grandkids. I was a Pearland Volunteer Fireman in the early 80’s which I really enjoyed serving the community. Over the past 53 years, I have met lots of great people and built some great relationships in Pearland. I’m proud to be serving on this Board and looking forward to serving the citizens of Brazoria County ESD #4.
Mike Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary (Term Ends: December 2022)
- I started my public service commitment while living in Dickinson during the 70’s. As a junior in high school I served in the Dickinson Volunteer Fire Department until I graduated from College in 1981. I moved to Friendswood in the late 90’s and served on the Chamber of Commerce Board. I moved to unincorporated Brazoria County in 2010 and my wife and I love living in the unincorporated county. I work for a public entity and understand the Fiduciary responsibility that I have to our Tax Payers and Constituents. I hope to service the District with the same dedication and commitment.
Caye Hauser (email@example.com)
Treasurer (Term Ends: December 2021)
- After an extensive search as a young struggling family that couldn’t afford to buy a house, my husband and I moved to unincorporated land in Brazoria County that we have called home for over 41 years and finally built our home ourselves over 20 years ago that is now in Pearland’s ETJ. After being self employed for 13 years and being heavily involved in our schools and church family and working for Alvin ISD and then MD Anderson, I have always cared deeply about our area as I worked with former Brazoria county commissioners to blacktop our roads among other things. I thought I would be a great fit for the newly formed BCESD4 as a woman and as a mother caring for families and elderly and as someone that cares passionately about her community and what happens to the people in it.
Paige Brennan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Secretary/Assistant Treasurer (Term Ends: December 2021)
- I have lived in Pearland my entire life, as did my parents. My family has always been very involved in the community and local politics. With Pearland being my home town, I strive to make it better than it was yesterday. I have worked for the same public accounting firm for 31 years. I am a Certified Life Coach and Professional Photographer. I am married and live in the county. I have children who all grew up in Pearland, and currently reside in Pearland. I have one granddaughter. My belief is you always listen to others’ perspectives and be loyal, trusted and committed to any role you serve.
By law we are required to make public notice of any meeting that we are going to have in an official capacity. Currently we are deciding to meet on the fourth Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. at the David L Smith Fire Administration Building, located at 2703 Veterans Drive, Pearland, Texas 77584. On this page you will find minutes from our meetings and agenda notes and any other important items that we need to put before you or that are required by law. Our goal at ESD #4 is to be completely transparent with how and when money is spent and what we are getting for our tax dollars. Our meetings are open to the public. You must sign in before the meeting if you wish to speak.
2022-05-24 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2022-04-26 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2022-03-17 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2022-02-10 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2022-01-20 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-12-16 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-11-18 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-10-21 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-09-23 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-08-19 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-07-15 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-06-24 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-05-20 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-04-15 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-03-30 – Special: Agenda | Minutes
2021-03-18 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-02-25 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2021-01-21 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-12-17 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-11-19 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-10-15 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-09-17 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-08-20 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-07-16 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-06-18 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-05-27 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-04-27 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-03-25 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-02-24 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes
2020-01-27 – Regular: Agenda | Minutes