Commissioners on an Emergency Service District Board are appointed not elected. They are appointed by County Commissioners and Judges. The appointments are for one year or two years and are staggered. Commissioners may stay on for additional terms. There are 5 offices on most ESD’s. The offices are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and an assistant Treasurer. Commissioners that are not living up to the expectations of the appointees may be removed from office for improper behavior or failure to perform their duties. Commissioners are required to take several courses in Continuing Education throughout the duration of their appointment. These are the commissioners of ESD No. 4 in Brazoria County:
Keith Bonner, President (Term: January 1, 2019 to December 21, 2020)
- I moved to Pearland in 1985. In 1998 we purchased a home in the Pearland ETJ. As the former Director of the Pearland EMS , and a former Paramedic, I felt my experience would be of use on the current BCESD 4 Commission.
Chad Thumann, Vice President (Term: January 1, 2019 to December 21, 2019)
- Chad Thumann, Commissioner and founding member of ESD4, appointed in 2019. He also serves as a board member on the Pearland Economic Development Corporation, Vice president of the Pearland Lions Club, board member for the Forgotten Angels Foundation, and a member of the Pearland ISD Bond Oversight committee. He is currently the president of Sideline Investments, LLC. Born and raised in Pearland, TX, Brazoria County.
Jack Callaway, Secretary (Term: January 1, 2019 to December 21, 2020)
- Jack and his family have lived in Pearland since 1997. Has served on his H.O.A. Jack and his family moved into the Pearland ETJ in 2013 where he has raised goats and chickens. Jack retired as a Project Manager in 2015. He volunteers his time at his church and every summer volunteers with a local disaster relief team to help rebuild/restore homes damaged from storms and floods in the area. It is an honor to serve and make a difference to our community through ESD No.4.
Caye Hauser, Treasurer (Term: January 1, 2019 to December 21, 2019)
- After an extensive search as a young struggling family that couldn’t afford to buy a house, my husband and I moved to unincorporated land in Brazoria County that we have called home for over 41 years and finally built our home ourselves over 20 years ago that is now in Pearland’s ETJ. After being self employed for 13 years and being heavily involved in our schools and church family and working for Alvin ISD and then MD Anderson, I have always cared deeply about our area as I worked with former Brazoria county commissioners to blacktop our roads among other things. I thought I would be a great fit for the newly formed BCESD4 as a woman and as a mother caring for families and elderly and as someone that cares passionately about her community and what happens to the people in it.
Bill Brummett, Assistant Treasurer (Term: January 1, 2019 to December 21, 2020)
- We moved to Pearland in 2001. I’ve lived in 2 homes both of which were just outside the City Limits. When Pearland determined to stop our Fire and EMS I determined I had to work for a solution.
By law we are required to make public notice of any meeting that we are going to have in an official capacity. Currently we are deciding to meet on the 4th Monday 6:30 PM at the David L Smith Fire Administration Building, located at 2703 Veterans Drive, Pearland, Texas 77584. On this page you will find minutes from our meetings and agenda notes and any other important items that we need to put before you or that are required by law. Our goal at ESD #4 is to be completely transparent with how and when money is spent and what we are getting for our tax dollars. Our meetings are open to the public. You must sign in before the meeting if you wish to speak.